Wednesday, June 14, 2006

14th June 2006


Eversince i started reading on Nutrition, i tend to check every single food that goes to my stomach. I enjoy going to the NTUC fairprice when my mum asked me to buy the groceries. It is like going to the library. With so many stuff on the shelves to discover, i enjoy every moment reading the labels and the nutrition facts. Now i do understand what is Calories, Total Fat, Trans Fat, Cholesterol, Sodium, Protein, Riboflavin, just to name a few. I even have a log book monitoring my calories in and calories out. I guess this term break i will spend my time doing extensive readings on Nutrition and Fitnesss. I just loaned a book from the Pasir Ris Library, "The Fitness Instinct".

I had been running for the past two weeks. Yesterday night i tried something new. I had my lunch at 2.30pm. It was a very small portion of rice, a piece of curry chicken and a glass of plain water. After maghrib i went to get something at the ntuc fairprice after which i changed to my running gear and there i was running around my neighbourhood. Guess wat i dont last as long as my previous runs. I think i managed to run only 2km. My body was weak and spirits were low. It has to be my insufficient calorie input somehow. The previous run, i ate a bag of Ruffles Sour cream n onion at around 4pm. hmm i guess it contains 1120 Calories. And i managed to run 5km without exhaustion. So there goes the equation food=fuel.

The time I last ate is also important to have a good run. I tried running 90 mins after my meal and i felt terrible, especially at my stomach. I guess the food is still in the process of breaking down. Then i tried 2 and a half hours. This time it works just nice. And yesterday i tried running 5 1/2 hours after my small meal and it sucks. Too weak to run and my morale very low despite having shakira_fifa_world_cup_tm_mix song stuck in my ear. Anyway this is only the beginning of discovering my fitness personality.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home