Thursday, December 21, 2006

my money

20th December 2006


I'm left with only $20 for this month. Should I apply for a part-time job or just wait till February when my paper finishes. Oh boy the last time I feel rich was during my national service. And that was close to three years ago. But hey my 3 years diploma finishing soon. Someone told me that I will sure to have financial problems in these 3 years. If I followed that crap advice I will not finish this course. My name is not even here in poly. So fuck those people who gave me those crappy theory. I've proved them wrong. This is the most precious lesson for me in my life. Yea its true about what people said; just follow your heart. From now onwards, "No Man Controls My Destiny" will be my principle. Of course in these three years my spendings is limited. I even sold off my motorbike. But all these events I went through doesn't give me financial problems. It is a matter of personal financial management. But when I think back I bought quite a lot of stuff within these three years of schooling and unemployment. Hmm let me list down the stuff which I could remember buying or spending during these three years:

    • Deuter Bag S$114
    • Polo Sport Perfume S$50
    • Vans Shoe S$140
    • Bossini Cargo Pants S$30
    • Zinc Sling Bag S$25
    • Creative MP3 Player S$199
    • Levis 512 Jeans S$65.50
    • First Aid Course S$80
    • One Polar Sling bag S$40
    • Mizuno polo tee S$55
    • Fruit Juice Extractor S$40
    • Sony earphones S$20
    • Web cam S$32
    • Dell Dimension 9150 S$2100
    • Fishing Equipment S$30
    • Asics Running Shoes S$126
    • Motorola V3i S$450
    • Fire-Fighting Course S$130
    • Nike T-shirts S$70.35
    • Adidas HP Cover S$19.90
    • Sennheiser Earphone S$24
    • Casual Brown shoes S$29
    • Rip Curl T-shirt S$49
    • Sweater with hood S$72
    • Polo Sport Perfume S$89.90


Well on top of these expenses, I did not calculate the amount of money I spend on my ez-link, my meals, my bills, my foods expenses, blah blah blah. Oh boy where does this money come from. I had a financial statement which I made during the last few moments of my national service just to have a general view about my financial state of affairs. I did ask around my friends who completed their 3 years poly about how much do I need roughly in a semester. But looking at the amount of money I spend and looking at the statement I made three years ago was a heck a lot of different. This is life I guessed. Anyway this financial phenomena reminds me of a verse in the holy quran:

And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if anyone puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish His purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion .

(At-Talaq:65)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home